Ooooh, it’s hot! Today’s high temp will be 34C/94F. With the humidity, it’ll feel like 49C/120F. It kind of gives a new meaning to the term BBQ Town, doesn’t it? Here are some tips for handling the heat:
The Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit urges residents to follow these steps:
• Drink plenty of water.
• Go to an air conditioned place.
• Wear a hat and lightweight, loose-fitting clothing.
• Take a cool bath or shower.
• Limit outdoor activities to the coolest part of the day.
• Check on your neighbours and family.
• Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
• If you feel ill, faint, have difficulty breathing, or feel disoriented, visit your doctor or nearest hospital right away. In an emergency, call 911